Our safety comes first

Alyssa Coleman, Editor-in-Chief

At the start of the fall semester, students had the option to take classes remotely or attend in person.

However, those students who returned to campus were met with many new safety measurements and requirements.

Pitt-Johnstown is currently in the Guarded Risk phase, meaning shared spaces are open, gatherings can include up to 250 people and in-person classes are being held but not required.

Face coverings are also required when in campus buildings, social distancing is encouraged and, when entering a building, students must scan their student IDs and have their temperature taken.

We feel administrators are doing an excellent job at administering these safety measures and are making sure all students, staff and faculty are safe. Although the extra steps taken to go in to campus buildings can be annoying at times, we applaud administrators for putting our health and safety as a top priority.

Masks and gloves are also provided for students who need them and it is a kind thing to do for those who do not have access to those items.

The last few months have certainly been hectic for everyone, but following all of the health and safety protocols will keep us all safe, and, hopefully, everything will return to normal one day.