Pitt-Johnstown to resume in-person classes in February

Callie Burgan, Editor-in-Chief

The first day of in-person classes is set to be Feb. 1, according to Assistant Academic Affairs Vice President Dr. Kilpatrick.

“We are starting the semester under the Elevated Risk posture, just as we ended the fall semester, which means that students can attend classes in person if they wish.

“As in the fall, we are using the Flex at the Pitt hybrid learning model, so students can also choose to attend classes remotely.

“Classes will be remote for all students until after resident students move back to campus, so the first day of in-person classes will be Feb. 1.

“Please continue to mask, social distance, and practice good habits for your health and safety.” Kilpatrick said.

According to the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown website, the acting Elevated Risk posture means that instruction in person is permitted, except for large lectures.

Campus housing is open with virus mitigation and isolation interventions in place. Some shared spaces are open, and gatherings are capped at 25 people.

Pitt’s operational postures define what is allowable across people, places and programs.

While all of the operational postures meet the minimum requirements provided by the counties and state, they are customized by operational posture based on factors unique to the University.

This includes cases on campus, adherence to health and safety guidelines and availability of personal protective equipment and isolation beds.