Defiant trespass is one of five charges

Tyler McNulty, News Editor

Pitt-Johnstown police charged Juwan Maurice Haynes, 20, of Pittsburgh, with defiant trespass Oct. 24.

In an affidavit filed by Campus Police Officer Edward Ostroski Oct. 25, he reported that he told Haynes he is not permitted on campus after a marijuana incident Oct. 8.

On Oct. 24, Ostroski received information that Haynes was in Hawthorne Lodge 3. When Ostroski arrived at the lodge, he saw Haynes on the first floor, according to the affidavit.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. Dec. 4 at District Justice John Barron’s office at Belmont Street and Kring Street.

Police also charged John Thomas Dietz, 18, of North Huntingdon, Westmoreland County, with public drunkenness and underage purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor, malt or brewed beverage Oct. 22.

A citation filed Oct. 23 by Campus Police Officer Glenn Berkey, said Dietz was passed out in grass behind Hemlock Hall.

Berkey also noted that Dietz had to be transported to a medical facility.

A combined $750 fine was listed for both offenses.

Campus police charged Dalton Heintz, 23, of Lower Burrell, Westmoreland County, with disorderly conduct Oct. 25.

A citation filed by Campus Police Officer Brian Colbert said Heintz was in a Living/Learning Center room smoking and in possession of marijuana.

A $255 fine was listed for the offense.

Police also charged Steven Thomas Edwards, 21, and Cory Joseph Falleroni, 21, both of Lower Burrell, Westmoreland County, with disorderly conduct Oct. 26.

A citation filed Oct. 27 by Campus Police Officer David Smith said that Edwards and Falleroni were smoking marijuana in a Living/Learning Center room.

A $305 fine was listed for each offense.