Students get charges filed with magistrate

Tyler McNulty, News Editor

A Pitt-Johnstown student was charged with driving under the influence.

In an affidavit filed by Officer Matthew Updyke, he reported that a student had arrived at the police station saying that a red Chevy Cobalt almost collided with his vehicle on Highfield Aug. 27.

According to the police blotter, Amanda Jean Stoundour, 20, of Saxton, Bedford County was charged with driving under the influence, public drunkenness and purchase, consumption, possession or transportation or liquor, malt or brewed beverage.   

Updyke reported that Officer Reggie Floyd reported he had observed a tan Nissan Sentra with heavy damage to the car’s front.

Updyke also reported that the two had met off-duty Smith reported that he had seen a red Chevy Cobalt with damage to the passenger side front end tire which caused the car to be disabled with a female inside trying to move the car.

The officers performed a field sobriety test due to an odor of alcohol on her breath.

According to  an affidavit filed by Officer Edward Ostrowski, officers were sent Sept. 4 to a Living-Learning Center parking lot to check on Alex Joseph Diskin, 19, of Chester Springs, Chester County, after Pitt-Johnstown officials received a phone call that if there was to be a shooting on campus, he would be the one to do it and shoot himself afterward.

According to Ostrowski’s affidavit, he and Officer Ryan Repak approached Diskin’s car where Diskin was waving his arms.

Ostrowski reported that Diskin had refused to leave his car and continually reached down toward the right of his seat.

“He began swinging and fighting with his left arm while his right arm remained by the right side of his seat. He continued resisting so (Ostrowski) employed Mace in his facial area to try to gain control,” Ostrowski reported.

Pitt-Johnstown campus police have charged Nathan Kleya, 22, Monroeville, Allegheny County, and John William Lopez, 21, of Harrisburg, with disorderly conduct. Aug. 21.

Officer Tabitha Leary reported that the two were smoking marijuana in a College Park Apartments room.

A $205 fine was listed for both offenses.

Pitt-Johnstown campus police have charged Vincent Kough, 22, of Harrisburg with disorderly conduct Aug. 27.

In a citation filled by Smith, he reported that Kough did create a hazardous condition which served no legitimate purpose in Heather 3.

A $255 fine was listed for the offense.

Pitt-Johnstown campus police have charged Alec James Coll, 18, of Irwin, Westmoreland County, and Ryan Teatino, 18, of Glenmoore, Chester County, with disorderly conduct Aug. 27.

Smith reported that Coll and Teatino were in a Hickory Hall dorm room smoking marijuana.

A $255 fine was listed for both offenses.

Updyke reported that he had transported Stoundour to Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center’s emergency room, where he read Stoundour her rights and that she submitted to a blood test.

Pitt-Johnstown campus police have charged Dylan Paris Barone, 18, of Rensington, Philadelphia County, with public drunkenness and purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor, malt or brewed beverage Aug. 28.

According to a citation filed by Officer Dwight Kim, he reported that Barone was under the influence of alcohol to the degree that he was in danger to himself and others in the area. Kim also reported that Barone had been disoriented and confused and required assistance from another person to get back to his dorm hall. Barone also had an odor of alcohol on his breath, Kim said.

A combined $710 fine was listed for the offenses.

Ostrowski and Repak were able to cuff Diskin.

Pitt-Johnstown campus police have charged Dylan John Dominkush, 19, of Pittsburgh and James Peter Hahn, 19, of Reading, Berks County, with disorderly conduct Sept. 7.

Officer Daniel Smith reported that the two had been in a Krebs Hall parking lot, smoking marijuana.