Young adults draw campus police eyes

Rachel Logan, News Editor

Pitt-Johnstown police charged Keith Moore, 23, of Huntingdon with disorderly conduct Sept. 16.

Officer Joshua Vranich said he saw Moore hanging out of a moving vehicle screaming obscenities, according to a citation.

A total fine of $455 was listed for the charge.

Campus police charged nonstudents Noah Benton, 19, and Gavin Northern, 19, of Martinsburg, Blair County, and Nicholas Hoenstine, 19, of East Freedom, Blair County, with purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of malt or brewed beverages Sept. 16.

Tyler Oswalt, 19, of Roaring Spring, Blair County, and Andrew Wheeler, 19, of Claysburg, Blair County, were also charged, according to citations.

Officer Daniel Smith said he saw the group in the Wellness Center parking lot consuming malt or brewed beverages.

A total fine of $455 was listed for each charge.

Campus police charged Erica Lockard, 19, of Pittsburgh with purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of malt or brewed beverages Sept. 17, according to a citation.

Officer Matthew Updyke said he saw Lockard outside the Student Union with a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and difficulty with balance and coordination. She reportedly was transported to Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center at Windber.

Campus police charged Shane Gezzi, 18, of Pittsburgh, with purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of brewed or malt beverages Sept. 17, according to a citation.

Officer Paul Earl said he saw Gezzi in Hickory Hall with a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and difficulty with balance and coordination. He reportedly was transported to Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center.

Campus police charged Shane Supanick, 20, of Gray, Somerset County, with disorderly conduct Sept. 17, according to a citation.

Updyke said he responded to a report of an individual throwing a large branch and breaking a window of Briar Lodge.

A total fine of $255 was listed for the charge.

Campus police charged Taylor Slagle, 20, of Lititz, Lancaster County, with the purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of malt or brewed beverages Sept. 18, according a citation.

Updyke said he saw Slagle with an open 12-ounce can of Coors Light and a strong odor of alcohol on his breath outside Briar Lodge.