Man charged for trip

Rachel Logan, News Editor

Pitt-Johnstown police have charged Mason Click, 21, of Windber with drunken driving Aug. 30 on a sidewalk through the North Lodges area.

Police said Click was driving a Nissan vehicle erratically when he was stopped and given field sobriety tests.  Campus Police Officer Matthew Updyke said Click lost his balance as test instructions were explained, then failed two of three finger-to-nose tests and had balance problems with a walk-and-turn and a one-leg-stand tests, according to the affidavit.

Click also did not cooperate and attempted to escape when told to get into a police vehicle for transport, Updyke said in an affidavit supporting charges of driving under the influence of an intoxicant and resisting arrest filed at the office of District Magistrate John W. Barron in Stonycreek Township.

Click also was charged with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness according to the online docket.

Updyke said in the affidavit that Click denied having consumed alcohol, but a preliminary breath test indicated alcohol consumption, and his blood-alcohol level was measured to be between .10 and .16.

A preliminary hearing for Click has been scheduled for Oct. 10 in Barron’s office according to the online docket.