Citation numbers are higher than usual

Kaitlin R. Greenockle, Outgoing Editor-In-Chief

Pitt-Johnstown police charged Angel Clarke-Paulakos, 20, of Berlin, Somerset County with disorderly conduct March 30.

Officer Daniel Smith said he saw Clarke-Paulakos in the Living/Learning Center with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, according to a citation.

Smith said Clarke-Paulakos created a hazardous or physically offensive condition by violating Act 64, according to a police log.

Act 64 relates to manufacturing, selling or possessing controlled substances. It also includes possessing drug paraphernalia, according to the Pennsylvania state laws.

A $204.50 fine was listed for the charge.

Campus police charged Iain Condon, 21, of Verona, Allegheny County with public drunkenness April 1.

Officer Edward Ostrowski said Condon appeared in a public place while influenced by alcohol to a degree where he was a danger to himself and others, according to a citation.

Ostrowski said Condon drove his vehicle on a sidewalk by the Sports Center while intoxicated, according to the citation.

Condon did not receive a DUI charge.

A $204.50 fine was listed for the public drunkenness charge.

Campus police charged Katherine Castillo, 20, of Washington District of Columbia, and Marissa Fultz, 20, of Monroeville, Allegheny County, with disorderly conduct April 3.

Ostrowski said he saw Castillo and Fultz on a Hawthorn Lodge front porch with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm. They were also creating a physically offensive condition by possessing and smoking marijuana, according to a citation.

Castillo and Fultz each were listed as receiving a $254.50 fine for the charges.

Campus police charged Janel Ganaway, 19, of Pittsburgh with disorderly conduct April 3.

Officer Matthew Updyke said he saw Ganaway in Foxfire Lodge with intent to cause a public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm. She was also creating a physically offensive condition by smoking marijuana, according to a citation.

A $254.50 fine was listed for the charge.

Campus police charged Juwan Haynes, 19, of Verona, Allegheny County with false reports to law enforcement authorities, false identification to law enforcement authorities and drug paraphernalia possession April 3. Haynes was also charged with marijuana possession.

Updyke and Ostrowski were on foot patrol through the North Lodges. They entered Foxfire Lodge and smelled burning marijuana coming from a room, according to an affidavit.

Updyke and Ostrowski knocked on the door and asked to enter. They were given permission to enter the room and saw four occupants. They saw a male, Haynes, in front of a desk with his back toward them, the affidavit said.

Haynes was moving something on the desk and the officers asked for identification of the four occupants. Haynes said he did not have identification on him, so he went out into the hall with Ostrowski to provide his name, date of birth and address, according to an affidavit.

Haynes said his name was Deandre Maurice Jones, that he was born Jan. 28, 1995 and that he was from Johnstown. The information was run, showing that there was no record for that information, an affidavit said.

The officers went over to the desk where Haynes was standing and they saw a glass jar containing a green leafy substance. The substance weighed nearly an ounce and was determined to be marijuana, an affidavit said.

Haynes was placed under arrest and handcuffed. A search was conducted.

The officers found a Pitt-Johnstown identification card, a Pennsylvania operator’s license and $720 cash in Haynes’ pants pockets. They also found a blunt cigarette containing marijuana, according to an affidavit.

Haynes was transported to Pitt-Johnstown’s police office in the holding/interviewing room.

Campus police charged Philip Mieh, 19, of Pittsburgh, with disorderly conduct April 4.

Updyke said he saw Mieh in Foxfire Lodge with intent to cause a public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm by creating a hazardous and physically offensive condition, according to a citation.

Updyke said he saw Mieh smoking marijuana in a room, according to a citation.