Students given citations

Kaitlin R. Greenockle, Editor-In-Chief

Pitt-Johnstown police charged Macy Gates, 19, of New Enterprise, Bedford County, with purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor, malt or brewed beverages Feb. 6.

Sgt. Daniel Dunn said he saw Gates in Oak Hall intoxicated by alcohol, to the point that she needed medical attention, according to a citation.

A $354.50 fine was listed for the charge.

Campus police charged Zachary Hoover, 20, of Johnstown, with purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor, malt or brewed beverages, and was charged with public drunkenness Feb. 6.

Officer Edward Ostrowski said he saw Hoover on the sidewalk in front of Summit Townhouse in possession of a can of Busch Light beer, according to a citation.

Ostrowski also said he saw that Hoover had bloodshot eyes, an alcohol odor smell and was vomiting.

A $609 fine was listed for the charge.

Campus police charged Paul Barr IV, 20, of Acme, Westmoreland County, with purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor, malt or brewed beverages Feb. 6.

Sgt. Dunn said he saw Barr in Oak Hall intoxicated by alcohol, to the point where he needed medical attention, according to a citation.

Campus police charged Garrett Lindsay, 20, of Halifax, Dauphin County with purchase, consumption, possession or transportation of liquor, malt or brewed beverages Feb. 6.

Officer Matthew Updyke said he saw Lindsay outside Highland Townhouse and under the influence of alcohol, according to a citation.

Updyke said Lindsay had a strong odor of alcohol on him, was vomiting and had poor balance and coordination, according to a citation.

A $354.50 was listed for the charge.

Campus police charged Page Torchio, 19, of Harleysville, Montgomery County, with disorderly conduct Feb. 7.

Officer Daniel Smith said he saw Torchio in Hickory Hall with the intent to cause public annoyance, a hazardous condition or alarm by being in possession of a small amount of marijuana and a ceramic pipe, according to a citation.

A $254.50 fine was listed for the disorderly conduct charge.