Student is facing charges

Kaitlin R. Greenockle, News Editor

Pitt-Johnstown police charged student Joseph Driscoll, 20, of White Oak, Allegheny County, with public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and underage purchase, consumption, and possession or transportation of liquor or malt or brewed beverages.

In a non-traffic citation issued Oct. 25, Campus Police Officer Matthew D. Updyke said he saw Driscoll in a public place, outside Hawthorn Lodge, clearly under the influence of alcohol to the degree that he endangered himself and others.

With people present in the area, Driscoll was urinating in front of the lodge. He ran from the officers and was caught after a foot pursuit, according to the citation.

A $254 fine was listed for a public drunkenness charge.

A second citation was issued to Driscoll alleging disorderly conduct. Updyke said in the citation Driscoll had intent to recklessly cause public inconvenience, annoyance and alarm.

It also said that he created a hazardous and physically offensive condition, according to the citation.

A second $254 fine was listed for the charge.

A third citation was issued to Driscoll because, Updyke said, he observed him outside Hawthorn Lodge with a strong alcoholic odor on his breath and bloodshot eyes, according to the citation.

Since he was underage and consumed alcohol, a $354 fine was listed for the charge.