Spring Program Board events planned

Alyssa Coleman, Editor-in-Chief

According to Program Board president Megan Clapsadle, this semester, there will be new events held as well as successful events from the past.

“The Richland movie buyouts seem to be popular events that we do along with the distress days before the fall and spring finals weeks,” she said.

“We have a couple team ups this semester to bring Andre Fisher, a deaf comedian, to campus Feb. 6 with American Sign Language Club and then one with Black Action Society to bring a slam poet named Ryan Jones Feb. 11.

“We also have a hypnotist coming to campus on Feb. 11. 

“We are also working with student government for spring formal this year and are excited on how it will work out,” she said.  

“There is a comedian March 31 named Jen Kober that we are bringing in and then as we normally do, we will be having the egg hunt and block party at the end of the year.”

Clapdsadle said she thinks that the egg hunt and pumpkin hunt are two of the most popular events Program Board members host each year.

She said the egg hunt this year is to be held on two days this year, on April 1 and April 3.

“The Richland movie buyouts seem to be popular events that we do along with the de-stress days before the fall and spring finals weeks,” she said.

She said Program Board members partner with different clubs to help with events as well.

“We also have the block party at the end of the year where we invite all the clubs on campus to set up a table and help run the event with us, and they get sponsored on the T-shirts we sell for a charity. 

“Those who help get a different shirt as a thank you for helping with the block party.”

The block party is an event where Program Board members partner with other club members and have games and events for students as a way to celebrate the end of the school year.

She said ideas for events come from Program Board members, and that ideas from students are welcomed.

“We also go to a national conference each year where we get to see different talents and we find a lot of our new and different talents there.”

She also said students usually respond well to their events, no matter what the weather is like.

“Even when the weather is bad, students still seem to come out to the events we hold depending on what it is,” she said.