Concerts set for campus

Jane Stueckemann, Features Editor

Michael Bodolosky said he wants students to know that there are world-class shows coming to campus this fall.

“We have a really great state-of-the-art performing arts theater on campus. It’s here for you,” Bodolosky said. He is the executive director for the Pasquerilla Performing Arts Center.

He said students may purchase tickets for $10 with their student ID on the night of the show they want to attend.

At 3 p.m. Sunday, the River City Brass Band is to perform a “Blockbusters” concert with music from Hollywood movies such as “Indiana Jones,” “Saving Private Ryan” and “Slumdog Millionare.”

Bodolosky said the band is unique because all of the music is made using brass instruments.

He said this is a band that has been coming here since the ‘90s.

At 7:30 p.m. Nov. 1, a three-man tribute to Michael Bublé is to perform a “Shades of Bublé” concert.

Bodolosky said the trio is to sing harmonized versions of Bublé’s songs that honor his swing, pop and rock music style.

At 7:30 p.m. Dec. 7, there is to be a traditional Irish Christmas concert performed by the group Danú with flutes, accordions and both Irish and English vocalists.

Bodolosky said that the theater exists on campus so students can embrace their education and expand their comfort zone.

“My goal here as part of the university is to bring in world class entertainment at affordable prices. I think the shows are well worth it,” Bodolosky said.